Sura 88: Overwhelming (Al-Ghaasheyah)
Number of verses: 26
In the name of GOD, The Gracious, The Merciful
1. Are you aware of the Overwhelming?
2. Faces on that Day will be shamed.
3. Laboring and exhausted.
4. Suffering in a blazing Hellfire.
5. Drinking from a flaming spring.
6. They will have no food except the useless variety.
7]. It never nourishes, nor satisfies hunger.
8. Other faces on that day will be full of joy.
9. Satisfied with their work.
10. In an exalted Paradise.
11. In it, no nonsense is heard.
12. In it, a spring flows.
13. In it, there are luxurious furnishings.
14. And drinks made available.
15. And pitchers in rows.
16. And carpets throughout.
17. Why do they not reflect on the camels and how they are created?
18. And the sky and how it is raised.
19. And the mountains and how they are constructed.
20. And the earth and how it is built.
21. You shall remind, for your mission is to deliver this reminder.
22. You have no power over them.
23. As for those who turn away and disbelieve.
24. GOD will commit them to the great retribution.
25. To us is their ultimate destiny.
26. Then we will call them to account.